Sustrans National Cycle Network Route 6, runs through much of Broxtowe Borough. The Erewash Valley Trail is a beautiful route for pleasure and commuting, and The Big Track gets you from Beeston to Nottingham City, or you can enjoy a 10 mile car-free waterside journey
Events and activities in your area
There are lots of free and fun cycling activities happening in your local area. We’ve listed them below and included links for more information. Let us know if you can’t find what you’re looking for.
- Dr Bike – get your bike fixed for free
- Weekly local Cycle Centres with free training, bikes rides and advice
- Free one to one or group cycle training
- Free hire bikes to lend whilst you learn or you’re not sure about cycling
- Led bike rides around the local area and surrounding countryside
- Learn to cycle for 4-8 year olds
- Bike maintenance workshops teaching you bike maintenance skills
- Become a Ride Leader and organise your own bike rides
- Bespoke cycling projects run by TravelRight – for instance BMX clubs and after schools cycling clubs.
- Cycling for all – free cycle fun and training, for all abilities
We’ve also included ideas for exploring the wider Nottingham area. If you’re going further then we can provide you with the skills and confidence to do this. Get in touch to talk to us about free cycle training. Or if you’re going with the family, see our cycling with the family page for tips and advice on how to do this in a fun and safe way.